The Montgomery County Republican Party hosted a candidate forum for many area races Friday night.
Candidates running for local and state offices were invited to attend, including candidates for Montgomery County Sheriff Ron Wade and candidate Chris Williams. Montgomery County Commission District 2 Candidate Eugune "Nick" McCollum attended but Commissioner Larry McManus was unable to attend. State Senator Dan Goddard and challenger, former State Rep Virgil Peck addressed the crowd for District 15. US Senate Candidates hoping to secure the GOP Nomination for retiring Senator Pat Roberts seat in Coffeyville last night included businessman Bob Hamilton, former Kansas Secretary of State and Gubernatorial Candidate Kris Kobach and Retired Chiefs player and businessman Dave Lindstrom. Roger Marshall who represents the Kansas 1st District declined his invitation to the Montgomery County Event according to GOP officials. US Representative from Kansas 2nd District Steve Watkins, State Treasurer Jake LaTurner and Dennis Taylor challengers for the seat also spoke with attendees.
Watch the entire forum below or on the KGGF Facebook Page.
- US Senate Race (15 Minutes into Video): Bob Hamilton, Kris Kobach and Dave Lindstrom
- Kansas 2nd District Race (44 Minutes into Video): Rep Steve Watkins and Jake LaTurner
- State Senate District 15 (1 Hour 15 minutes): Senator Dan Goddard and Virgil Peck
- Montgomery County Sheriff (1 hour 18 minutes): Sheriff Ron Wade and Chris Williams
- County Commissioner - District 2 (1 hour 35 minutes): Eugene "Nick" McCollam
- County Commissioner - District 3 (1 hour 45 minutes): Mike Cordray and Gene Tucker