Below are COVID-19/Coronavirus related closings and postponments. To Report a C losing please call 620-251-3800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closings and postponments are brought to you by Labette Health-Visit our COVID-19 webpage at labettehealth.com/COVID-19....the locally owned David W. Barnes Funeral Home........H&R Block at 101 E. Main in Independence and Cherryvale...Great Plains Federal Credit Union, Independence...Dave's Auto Body and Wrecker Service at 1600 W Main in Independence...First Oak Bank 113 N Penn and Drive-Thru at 1801 W. Main, Independence
- Coffeyville Rec Commission has canceled all activities.
- Kansas State Extension District Office in Parsons has all their agents working from home. There will be one staff member manning calls to the office. If you need to talk to an agent they can be reached by cell phone or email.
- Coffeyville Public Library will be closed until further notice.
- Rotary Club of Coffeyville has cancelled all Tuesday at noon meetings until further notice.
- All Cherokee Casino locations have ceased operations until further notice.
- Independence City Hall is closed until further notice.
- Parsons Chamber of Commerce Clay Shoot scheduled for April 4th has been postponed. It will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Meals On Wheels sites associated with SEK Area Agency on Aging are closed through April 9th, however meals will still be delivered.
- Coffeyville Chamber of Commerce CNN has been canceled through March 26.
- Parsons Legislative Coffee scheduled for April 3 has been postponed and rescheduled for May 26.
- First Friday Parsons Chamber Coffee scheduled for April 3 has been postponed and rescheduled for May 1.
- Montgomery County offices will be closed to the public for business until further notice. Staff will be available by phone from 8:30am - 5:00pm. The county website at mgcountyks.org is being update daily with current information regarding COVID-19.
- The Montgomery County Judicial Building is open but visitation to the Department of Corrections has been suspended until further notice.
- Wilson County Medical Center is not allowing visitation to patients at the hospital, however they are seeing patients at the hospital as well as their clinics in Cherryvale, Independence and Neodesha.
- Carson Lodge (Elk City) has canceled it's Fourth Sunday Breakfast. All meetings have been canceled until further notice.
- Grand Masonic Lodge in Wichita has canceled operations
- Senior Citizens Activity Center in Coffeyville is closed until further notice.
Regional Veterans Administration offices will remain open, but will no longer accept walk-ins for claims assistance, scheduled appointments, counseling and other in-person services. Veterans can continue to get information about benefits or file a claim for benefits by visiting their website at www.va.gov.
All City of Coffeyville Buildings, including City Hall will be closed to the public until further notice. However offices will be staffed and available for phone calls and emails.
All playground and recreational equipment in the City of Coffeyville is closed for public use. Parks are still open but playground equipment is off limits.
Independence Historical Museum and Art Center is closed until further notice.
Great Plains Federal Credit Union has their lobby closed at this time. They are accepting people at the Main Branch by appointment only. The drive thru is open 8:30-5:30 M-F and 8-12 on Saturday
The Salvation Army's Festival of Salads Fund Raiser scheduled for April 14th has been cancelled.
VFW Independence has cancelled Bingo
Republic Trash Service has suspended bulk trash pick up until further notice. Regular trash service will continue as scheduled
Legacy Fitness in Coffeyville is closed until further notice.
Kansas Teachers Community Credit Union in all locations has closed their lobbies, however you can call to make an appointment. Drvie-thru service is still available.
Mosaic has adopted a no visitor policy for it's homes and work spaces until the COVID-19 threat to the community is resolved.
Dalton Fefenders Museum closed
Brown Mansion closed.
Community State Bank in Coffeyville's lobby is closed as is the drive-thru bank on 8th Street, however, the drive-thru at the main bank is open. If you need to schedule an appointment you can call the main bank office.