Kansas State University's Southeast Research and Extension Center will host the Tamegrass Stocker Field Day on Feb. 20th in Girard.
This event is to help the area's producers improve the health, nutrition and pasture management for their cattle herds.
The meeting will take place at the Greenbush Education Center near Girard from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
Some of the agenda topics include:
- Limit feeding stocker cattle
- Methods to detect bovine respiratory disease early
- Internal parasite control for stockers
- Cattle Management on tamegrass - supplements, implants and pasture
- Tamegrass pasture establishment and management
Registration is $10 and includes a pot roast lunch. Interested individuals are asked to register by Thursday, Feb. 13th by contacting 620-820-6125. Registration and more information also online at www.southeast.ksu.edu/field_days.