Coffeyville's 9th Street Fresh community gardeners will start planting this Saturday, April 13th. Jacob Weber from K-State Research and Extension offers his expertise to individuals gardeners on what to do to prepare the the soil in their individual plots before putting seeds in the ground. Click on the following links to hear Weber talk about each point.
- Raking your plot for debris like rocks and roots.
- Increasing fertility and soil nutrients - recipe and application rate.
- Increasing fertility and soil nutrients - more on the amount to apply.
- The issue with perennial plants in a community garden to know about.
- Planting suggestions - good ones.
- Planting suggestions - not so good.
- Transplant suggestions to get ahead.
- Spinach is for cooler weather.
- Strawberries tend to sprout legs and jump.
Happy planting! Jacob is always available for questions. His office number is 620-724-8233.