Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Local News


 

The sounds of burning awake residents of a second floor apartment in Independence. They looked out and saw flames, but the front door was too hot for them to touch. They called 911 and were told to move back from the door as far as they could. Independence Police arrived, advised by dispatchers the family was trapped inside.  Sergeant Dustin Taylor and Officer Daniel Bowers worked together to kick the door in, fight the fire enough to make entry, and then escort the couple along with their child out of the apartment.

 

Independence Fire Chief Shawn Wallis says the  blaze, in the 400 block of 10th Street, appears to have been sparked by unattended smoking materials. 

LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services